Inverness Research, Inc.
• Becky Carroll
• Michelle Phillips
• Mark St. John
Inverness has conducted many evaluation studies to help guide exhibit developers to more successful results. Their role on the project is front-end (“baseline” or pre-project visitor studies) and formative (design phase) guidance
David Heil & Associates
• David Hiel
• Lauren Russell
Heil & Associates are responsible for the summary evaluation to be produced at the end of the project.
• Jill Andrews, Education and Outreach Consultant
• Cathy Frankel, National Building Museum
• Alan Friedman, The Museum Group
• Chris Gallagher, Bay Model Visitor Center
• Roy Griffiths, North Carolina Museum of Life & Science
• Howard Levitt, Golden Gate National Recreational Area
• Larry Lux, American Public Works Association
• Joyce Ma, The Exploratorium
• Henry Petroski, Duke University (Civil and Environmental Engr.)
• Stephen Ressler, U.S. Military Academy (Civil and Environmental Engr.)
• Carol Willis, The Skyscraper Museum
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired
• Greg Kehret
• Shen Kuan
• Josh Miele
• Chris Downey
The LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired originated in San Francisco over a century ago. Using modern technologies, it serves the visually impaired and blind community with a variety of programs. On the Golden Gate Bridge project, they are consulting on a range of accessibility issues, such as wayfinding aids used before and during a person's visit to the site, Braille translations, evaluation of a tactile display depicting the Bridge, and web-accessible information.
Funding for the project has been provided by the Division of Research on Learning in Formal and Informal Settings, National Science Foundation. Dr. Al DeSena is the NSF project officer for this award. Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
All images are the property of the Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District and cannot be re-used without its permission. Contact Mary Currie, Public Affairs Director, firstname.lastname@example.org