|Seismic Design and Retrofit of Bridge
• Author(s): M. J. N. Priestley, F. Seible, and G. M. Calvi
• Publisher: John Wiley and Sons, New York
• Publication Date: April 1996 (704 pages)
• ISBN-13: 978-0-471579984 | ISBN-10: 047157998X
Practical and applications-oriented, Seismic Design and Retrofit of Bridges is enhanced with over 300 photos and line drawings to illustrate key concepts and detailed design procedures. As the only text currently available on the vital topic of seismic bridge design, it provides an indispensable reference for civil, structural, and geotechnical engineers, as well as students in related engineering courses.
A state-of-the-art text on earthquake-proof design and retrofit of bridges
Seismic Design and Retrofit of Bridges fills the urgent need for a comprehensive and up-to-date text on seismic-ally resistant bridge design. The authors, all recognized leaders in the field, systematically cover all aspects of bridge design related to seismic resistance for both new and existing bridges.
• A complete overview of current design philosophy for bridges, with related seismic and geotechnical considerations
• Coverage of conceptual design constraints and their relationship to current design alternatives
• Modeling and analysis of bridge structures
• An exhaustive look at common building materials and their response to seismic activity
• A hands-on approach to the capacity design process
• Use of isolation and dissipation devices in bridge design
• Important coverage of seismic assessment and retrofit design of existing bridges