|Structure and Design
Author(s): G. G. Schierle
Publisher: University Readers, San Diego, CA
• Publication Date: June 2008 (624 pages)
• ISBN-13: 978-1934269374 | ISBN-10: 1934269379
Structures support load and are essential to define form and space. To design structures in synergy with form and space requires creativity and an informed intuition of the structural principles. The objective of this book is to introduce structural principles as the foundation of creative design and demonstrate successful application through many case studies.
Structure and Design is a reference book for design studios, architects, civil engineers and builders and a text book for education. With rich illustrations, Structure and Design:
• Clarifies complex concepts without calculus yet provides greater insight for readers with mathematics background.
• Includes details in wood, steel, masonry, concrete, and fabric.
• Contains many graphs that streamline complex tasks, such as column buckling and design for wind and seismic forces and correlate SI metric with US units.