|Active, Hybrid, and Semi-active Structural Control: A Design and Implementation Handbook
• Author(s): S. Y. Chu, T. T. Soong, and A. M. Reinhorn
• Publisher: John Wiley and Sons
• Publication Date: 2005 (294 pages)
• ISBN-13: 978-0-470-01352-6
This comprehensive handbook is designed to provide the reader with the knowledge needed to successfully implement an active, hybrid or semi-active control system to a structure, safeguarding it against environmental forces such as wind or earthquakes. Written by leading experts in structural control, this book:
- Emphasises fail-safe techniques and validates their implementation through simulations.
- Examines the implicit issues between theoretical development and actual implementation of systems.
- Identifies important hardware and software safety features.
- Describes a PC-based system simulator, which simulates the real-time response of structure and control hardware.
Active, Hybrid and Semi-active Structural Control is a must have reference for researchers, practitioners and design engineers working in civil, aerospace, automotive and mechanical engineering. It is undoubtedly the key resource for all postgraduate students in this rapidly growing area of research interest and development.