If you are looking for one of the amazing Windows hardware, then Microsoft Surface should be your first choice. Microsoft has been around for a long time, and its innovation, design is top-notch. Its Surface laptop or tablet has taken a considerable fan base among the artists.
The experience that Surface laptops provide cannot be found anywhere else. But there are plenty of options to choose from. So, if you are an aspiring artist and want to know which surface is best, then you are at the right place.
Top Best Surface Pro For Artists
1. Microsoft Surface Pro 7+
When this model came out, it was only aimed for education purposes, the students were its primary focus, But this is a perfect choice for an artist. The Intel processor is of the 11th generation, so when it comes to performance, it is an all-rounder. As artists, they have to work for a long time, and they do have to store their work. For them, there is a removable SSD, so memory will never be an issue.
Also, the connectivity is LTE so that any artist can work on it for hours with the best internet connection, and their work won’t be interrupted. The most commendable part of this laptop is the battery life. You can work for up to eight hours without any issue. So, if one is working on a sketch, they can easily spend hours giving the final touch to their piece.
But, there’s an issue. Some might feel its design to be outdated. But, apart from the looks, this laptop checks all the requirements that an artist’s tablet must-have.
- Compact design
- Large storage
- Quality camera
2. Microsoft Surface Laptop 4
This surface laptop is known for its processor. A laptop is as good as its processor, and with this laptop, you get a chance to select your processor. You can choose Intel’s AMD RYZEN chips. It can go with the 15 inches or with the 13 inches. These RYZEN chips are unique as they improve power efficiency. And it also improves the battery life so that you can draw, watch videos, for hours, without interruption.
This is why, being an old version, it is still popular among artists. Microsoft Surface 4 has a display that provides fantastic video quality. Also, its touchscreen is so smooth that you can easily use both pen and touch methods. It is lightweight too. The keyboard is one thing to look out for. Some people found the keys clicking sound irritating; for them, this laptop is perfect because it comes without the clicky sound.
Also, its trackpad is large, so you can easily use it to draw, as you’ll have a lot of space. Most artists love to listen to music while drawing, and this laptop has perfect Dolby atmos speakers. The clarity is impressive, so if it is a video call or music, you will get the best experience.
So, maybe it looks traditional but it has all the qualities of a modern one.
- Amazing speakers
- Backlit keyboard
- Sizeable touchscreen
3. Microsoft Surface 3
If you are looking for a laptop that is more reliable and smoother, then Microsoft Surface 3 is the best option. Its processor is an intel core i3 processor, making it so smooth. The display is the highlight of this laptop. It is 10.5 inches, so you will get a more comprehensive display. But even with its large display, its weight is very light. If we compare it to other laptops in the market with its specifications, it’s the most lightweight.
The built-in kickstand is another fantastic feature. You can easily adjust and position it the way you want. It has a firm grip; even after changing it, it won’t slip. Just like another Microsoft Surface computer, it has clear audio. So, while listening to music or video call, you will get a crisp and crystal clear voice.
- Premium build
- Best for video calling
4. NEW Microsoft Surface Book 3
The Microsoft Surface Book 3 exemplifies how far computers have progressed in recent years. It has a gorgeous detachable display; the touchscreen has both pens and touch support. The battery life is fantastic. Overall you will get a tremendous experience. The case on the Microsoft Surface Book 3 is in excellent condition and has no flaws. A magnesium alloy encases the removable tablet, also utilized for the keyboard dock.
The convertible is top-heavy because the hardware is almost entirely contained in the display. On the table, however, it is incredibly steady. The connection between the tablet and keyboard dock is completely secure. The use of both a mechanical and magnetic lock is quite effective. However, you can find some issues with battery life. But apart from that, for artistic purposes, you can rely on that.
- Elegant design
- Fantastic keyboard
- Fantastic display
5. Microsoft Surface Laptop Go
Microsoft Surface laptops are a hit. The Microsoft Surface Laptop Go is one of the most attractive laptops in the premium segment, and it’s a great travel companion because of its small size. The Surface Laptop Go’s keyboard is one of its most robust features. It has one of the most excellent keyboards in the industry. The Surface Laptop Go also includes a good-sized trackpad with perfect accuracy.
Microsoft has ensured that customers would have a pleasant experience while using the product daily. For the fantastic audio experience, it has Dolby audio speakers. Overall the Surface Laptop Go is an excellent laptop. It has a maximum battery life of five hours. This laptop has quick charging capabilities, which is a great plus. Its webcam is likewise relatively straightforward.
- The display is of crisp quality
- Light in weight
- Great battery life
6. Microsoft Surface Pro 7
It is one of the most powerful laptops in the Surface line. Compared with previous versions, it has more upgraded internals and graphics, which is fantastic news for artists. The Surface Pro 7 is certainly worth considering if you want to take advantage of the 2-in-1 portability and flexibility. Its body is built of robust metal, making it durable. It comes with an adjustable kickstand that allows you to angle your laptop in any direction you like. It’s a convertible laptop that can be used as a tablet or a laptop.
If you have used the other surface pro laptop, you might feel it is a bit like its predecessor. But there is one huge difference, and that is its internal hardware. It has a 10th generation intel processor. This means it has better performance, which is what an artist wants. You can also select what type of input method you want. You can choose either an Arc mouse or a Surface pen. The surface pen is ideal for designers.
You can also fold the top of the keyboard up against the screen, where more magnets keep it in place for a more comfortable typing angle. This feature was first introduced to the Surface line several versions ago, and it’s a minor change that makes a big difference in terms of usage.
- Robust battery life
- Sharp display
- Includes USB C
Buyer’s Guide To Buying Best Surface Pro For Artists
Surface products now come in various lines, each with its unique set of characteristics. When searching for a Surface Pro laptop for artists, they must ensure that it has all the functionality they need. However, there are straightforward methods for determining this.
Because there are so many products, some may blend, but if you stick to your primary focus once you get started, it should be evident which product best matches you. As a result, we’ve compiled a guide to assist you in determining the most critical characteristics to look for when purchasing a Surface Pro.
It’s no secret that pricing is a significant factor to consider when purchasing. These Surface Pros are available in various pricing ranges, from the most affordable to the most costly. As a result, it’s best to determine your budget first and then search for it. However, don’t choose the cheapest choice because it might not meet all your needs.
Being an artist, you’ll need to use several software and programs. Usually, navigating heavy-duty programs necessitates a high level of ability and experience. So, regardless of how enticing a smaller, lighter hybrid maybe, it’s wiser not to waste your time on an inadequate laptop.
Always choose the option that meets all of your requirements. Also, ensure your laptop is capable of handling intensive editing tasks. You’ll need a high-resolution color screen, a powerful processor, and a fast SSD for storage.
If the laptop you’re looking at doesn’t have good ergonomics, the most impressive specs in the world won’t help you. Because you’ll be working a lot, an ergonomic laptop will save your hands from being strained. If you expect to spend a lot of time on your computer, make sure it has good tactile feedback.
An artist’s work depends upon how the touchpad works. Look for a touchpad that is accurate and does not have a jumpy cursor. Make sure it responds to multitouch gestures consistently as well. As if it’s not perfect, it will affect your work.
The correct size of your laptop depends upon what you want to do with it. Size isn’t like a laptop’s RAM or ROM in that it can’t be upgraded afterward. You’re stuck with whatever form-factor you choose upfront, so think carefully. If portability is essential to you, a smaller laptop is the way to go.
One-size-fits-all solutions are scarce. Some consumers require a more lightweight and portable solution. Other users need dedicated graphics for tasks like video editing and high-end gaming.
Quality of the screen
You will be in front of your laptop screens for hours, so it must be of excellent quality so that your eyes won’t be affected. Bad quality screens can strain your eyes and can have other health issues too.
So, we have seen that there are several surface pros for artists. They all are considered best for the artists and can be used without any doubt.
Hoeverver before buying, make sure that you follow the buyers’ guide. It will help you to choose the correct product for you. Also, always check out the reviews; in that way, you can point out the flaws of the product too.
Is it worth it to buy a surface pro?
Yes, for many people, it is worthwhile to purchase. Since it is portable, it is the best choice as it can be carried easily anywhere. The artist could find inspiration for their art in any corner. The Surface Pro is a tablet that can also be used as a laptop with the addition of a keyboard and mouse. It is powered by Microsoft Windows. It’s tiny and light, yet it’s also quick and powerful.
Can we say the Surface Pro works the same as a laptop?
The Surface Pro is designed to be used as tablets, but with the keyboard cover accessory, they may be used as laptops as well. The Surface Pro line of tablets is capable laptops that can also be used as tablets. It’s a fantastic benefit that may be used in any situation.
How is a Surface Pro different from a traditional laptop?
The most noticeable distinction is their form. The Surface Laptop is a typical laptop with a display and keyboard. The Surface Pro is a laptop that can be detached and acts more like a tablet than a laptop.
With a Surface Pro, can you utilize a laptop stand?
A stand may be included with the Microsoft Surface Pro. This is a portable folding stand explicitly made for the Microsoft Surface Pro. The Surface Pro screen can tilt utilizing its inherent kick-stand hinge thanks to its height-adjustable design. Also, if the laptop stand fits your surface pro, you can use it but make sure it is sturdy.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- Specially Designed for Surface Pro - Compatible with Surface Pro 7/7+/6/5/4. Note that KB02026 is not compatible with Surface Pro X and Surface Go.
- 7-color Backlight -You may choose the colorful backlight you like to satisfy your needs of using the keyboard under different lighting conditions.
- Independent Shortcut Keys - The front row are independent shortcut keys. You may get a screenshot at one click. Farewell to * +Fn key combinations.
- False Touch Proof - The touchpad is larger than that of similar keyboards. Its false touch proof function relieves your worries of touching the...
- Ultra-long Standby Time - The built-in 750mAh rechargeable lithium battery supports a standby time of up to 180 days.
- 【Brilliant HD LCD Screen】 XPPen Artist 22R pro art tablet comes with a strikingly large 21.5-inch display and features 1080p resolution, allowing...
- 【Full featured connection】XPPen Artist 22R Pro graphics display supports Type-C to Type-C connection, letting you directly connect your iMac/Mac...
- 【20 shortcut keys+2 dial】XPPen Artist 22R pro features two easy-to-control red dial wheels and 20 customizable shortcut keys that are conveniently...
- 【protective film】The XPPen Artist 22R Pro comes with a protective film to help protect your screen and reduce glare while keeping your screen...
- 【Adjustable stand】 With the adjustable stand, you can change the screen’s angle from 16 to 90 degrees to suit your needs and create comfortably...
- ✎ [For Microsoft Surface Pro 7 Plus/Pro 7/Pro 6/Pro 5/Pro 4 Screen Protector]: Specially designed for Microsoft Surface Pro 7 Plus / Pro 7 (2019) /...
- ✎ [Anti-Glare & Fingerprints]: Our Surface Pro 7 Screen Protector uses anti-glare matte technology which removes glare and resists fingerprints.
- ✎ [Surface Pro 7 Matte Screen Protector]: Made from the highest quality Japanese PET Film, the special surface design of this surface pro 7 Paper...
- ✎ [Upgrade Surface Pro 7 Screen Protector]: With 100% Bubble-Free Adhesives,our Surface Pro 7 12.3 inch screen protector upgrades for easier...
- ✎ [Customer Service]: If you have any questions with this Surface Pro 7 Paper Feeling Screen Protector, please contact us via Amazon message system....
- 120% sRGB High Color Gamut: the 15.6 inch full-laminated IPS Display pairs a superb color accuracy of 120% sRGB with 178 degrees of visual angle and...
- 8192 Levels of Pressure Sensitivity: PA2 stylus provides increased accuracy, control, and fluidity to effortlessly for the finest sketches and lines....
- Wide Compatibility: the Artist 15.6 Pro is compatible with Windows 10/8/7(32/64bit), Mac OS X version 10.10 or later, and Linux. It supports major...
- 8 Customizable Shortcut Keys and 1 Red Dial: the XP-PEN Artist 15.6 Pro comes with 8 fully customizable shortcut keys, puts more customization options...
- Battery-free Passive Pen: PA2 stylus providing increased accuracy, control, and fluidity to effortlessly for the finest sketches and lines, the Artist...
- Hard coated for Scratch Proof (Hardness: 3H-4H) Reduce fingerprint
- Hinge Installation: Easy to Apply and remove (Bubble-Free / No Residue)
- High Definition Transparency Premium PET Film that ensures maximum resolution for RETINA Display
- TrueTouch Sensitivity and stylus pen (S-Pen) for an invisible and perfect protection on touch screen
- Perfect cutouts on the front not to interfere with sensors or responsiveness
- Outstanding Visuals: The Huion Kamvas Pro 16 drawing art tablet features a stunning 15.6-inch full-laminated screen and anti-glare glass, letting you...
- Brilliant Color: See your creations in vibrant and true-to-life colors on this screen with 120% sRGB (92% AdobeRGB) color gamut volume(16.7 million...
- Optimized Workflow: A set of 6 customized express keys and a touch bar helps get easy access to your favorite shortcuts of keyboards or mice to...
- Adjustable Stand ST200: The adjustable stand can be moved between 20 and 60 degrees to suit your working way, which helps reduce tension for your...
- Advanced Pen performance: The battery-free pen PW507 looks and feels like a regular pencil, offering you responsive and accurate pen performance,...
- 【Potable and Powerful】S1060 drawing tablet drawing tablet features a thin and lightweight design, highly portable and convenient. Besides drawing,...
- 【Intuitive Drawing】You can work at pixel-level accuracy on S1060 drawing tablet. It’s a level of accuracy way above what a mouse can do. The...
- 【Active Digital Class】S1060 drawing tablet helps teachers do on screen what they’re used to doing on a blackboard or whiteboard, making it easy...
- 【Efficient E-Learning】Taking notes by hand improves learning comprehension and retention, which is better than typing. S1060 drawing tablet is...
- 【Collaborative Remote Work】Whether your job requires lots of note taking, video conference presentations or the need to collaborate on documents,...
Q: What is the best alternative to Surface Pro?
A: Is this a worthwhile purchase? When choosing the best solution,what criteria should shoppers consider? Customers want to see what impact lines are available on the market. What is the product’s advantage to the user? When choosing the best solution,what criteria should shoppers consider?
Q: Should I buy a Surface Pro?
A: Microsoft has been tapping into this booming market and has released a new tab for the same. The new Microsoft Surface Pro X running Windows 11 has arrived in India and can be bought across all major online and offline retailers. Microsoft Surface Pro X …
Q: What is the best computer for artists?
A: iMac (27-inch,2020) iMac (24-inch,2021) Microsoft Surface Studio 2 Mac mini (M1,2020) Dell XPS Desktop Mac Pro (2019) Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition R10 Lenovo Yoga AIO 7 Dell Inspiron 27 7000 Dell G5 Gaming Desktop
Q: What is the best laptop for artists?
A: Apple MacBook Pro with M1 — The best laptop for digital art overall (Editor’s Choice) — 14″ Microsoft Surface Book 2 — The most powerful digital art laptop — 13.5″/15″ Dell XPS 15 — The best all-round digital art laptop — 15″ HP Envy X360 — The best digital art laptop for performance — 15.6″