A kid’s mind is full of curiosity and wants to explore more. They are eager to try new things and their surroundings. One thing that will help them in their quest is a perfect metal detector. Kids’ metal detectors are different from adults, and they are much lighter in weight and easy to use. But there are many options available.
So, if you’re wondering about which product on the market is best for your child, don’t worry; we’ve got you covered! In this article, we’ve selected some of the best metal detectors for kids that are both effective and affordable.
Top 13 Best Metal Detectors For Kids
1. Bounty Hunter BHJS Junior Metal Detector
This metal detector is a good alternative if you’re on a tight budget but want a great metal detector. Bounty Hunter is a high-quality metal detector that dominates the market. One of the cheapest and most popular metal detectors for kids is the Bounty Hunter Junior. Your kid can use it effortlessly without any issues. Since it is for kids, its functionality is also minimal.
There are only two knobs that come with a meter. There are two essential factors in a metal detector, and that is discrimination and sensitivity. These two knobs help to adjust them. When looking for metal, any scrap metal such as iron can also be detected, but discrimination settings avoid that.
Also, the best part is when the metal detector is near any piece of metal, it will also indicate by giving a signal. It is light in weight, which is apt for kids. You can also adjust its height. So, if your Kid is just started this hobby, then Bounty Hunter junior is perfect for your little ones. It is a great way to start metal hunting.
- Compact design
- Adjustable height
- Weather and rust resistance
2. NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Metal Detector for Kids
One thing that every parent wants is to provide education to children in a fun and friendly way. And this is what The National Geographic metal detector does. It not only combines the fun element of finding the treasures but also provides kids with educational values. What could be better than providing your children with an enjoyable educational experience?
Kids will also take their detectors to water, where the waterproof quality of this metal detector comes into action. To assist you to prevent false positives, the detector has a 7.5 waterproof twin coil with configurable sensitivity levels.
It will beep and flash an LED light when the kids have found something metal. So, it’s not at all complicated. Small items may be detected up to six inches deep, whereas larger objects can be detected up to one foot deep. It’s small, portable, and comes with a full-color instruction manual to teach kids about metal detectors and how they function. A fantastic present for any bright child.
In terms of functionality, it is easy to use for first-timers also. It comes with an ergonomic grip, and the well-balanced weight of the device makes it pleasant to hold. Aside from that, there is no control panel or options on this kid’s metal detector. It’s made for complete newbies.
- Colorful learning guide
3. Garrett ACE 200 Metal Detector
This is an amazing metal detector for your kid, but you also don’t want to cause a hole in your pocket, The ACE 200 is one of the best versions to look for. Although it is cheaper than other metal detectors, that doesn’t mean it’s cheap in quality and functionality either. It is perfect for kids as it is so easy to start. They only need to push a button to begin their metal detector and go on exploring.
There are also options for adjusting the sensitivity, and you can also customize the settings according to your wish. It will ensure that it only indicates when a metal is found. So, it’s a great deal in its price range. It is also recommended for beginners.
If you’re looking to invest in quality products, and want to buy a product that will not only be useful but will also last long then you should keep the ACE 200 at the top of your list.
4. Minelab GO-FIND 44 Metal Detector
Minelab has been operating for a long time and is a well-known brand. Minelab makes some of the best-selling and rated metal detectors on the market. And their great product is the Go-Find 44. One thing about these metal detectors that attracts many parents is their automated ground tracking.
Your kid will find different things while they are on an exploration mission. These things can be treasures or garbage. Find 44 has this fantastic feature that indicates junk or treasure. When your kids come across some trash, the LED will turn red, and when it is indeed a treasure, the LED will turn green.
The primary purpose of this metal detector is to have fun. So, it is only for the entertainment factor, and if you want some educational aspects too, this might not be for you. But, for a fun-filled activity, Minelab GO-FIND 44 is perfect.
- One-touch start
- LED indicator
- Ultra-light design
5. Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV Metal Detector
This is yet another Bounty item on the list. Bounty is a well-known manufacturer of world-class metal detectors. The most popular metal detectors are manufactured by bounty hunters. So, for a kid who is just beginning his metal detecting journey, then this bounty hunter TK14 is apt for them.
There is also two-tone audio in addition to the three search options. It is simple to use and has an analog meter display. On this display, you can see a needle detector; this needle will fluctuate and give the idea of how far the object is. It is easy to understand for kids.
- Simple to use
- Straightforward design
- Motion-all metal mode
6. Nokta Makro Midi Hoard Kids Waterproof Metal Detector
The Nokta Makro Mini Hoard Metal Detector is a great way to get kids outside and spend more time in nature. This metal detector is sturdy to last for a long time. This is what most parents look for, that is, the product’s durability. Your kid can easily fold this metal detector, which means it is easy to carry around, and it also doesn’t take much space.
Because of its exceptionally lightweight design, it is ideal for kids. This kit comes with a complete exploration package too. Along with the metal detector, you will also get a sand scoop, sifter, and many more.
So, with a price of one, you are getting a complete kit. So, if you want your kid to form this habit of exploring, then this metal detector is an excellent way to start. It is entirely waterproof, so if your child wants to take it out on a beach, it will be no issue. You can also customize the discrimination in this one.
That means your kid will be more accurate in finding the treasure. It can also get into three meters of depth, which is a pretty good number.
As a result, there is a higher level of engagement. Although last in this list, this metal detector must be your priority. You will not get wrong with it.
- Complete water-proof
- Three sensitivity level
Buyer’s Guide To Buying Best Metal Detector For Kids
One combination that can never go wrong is kids and their metal detectors. In today’s time, technology has changed a lot and made life more accessible, and the same is the case with metal detectors. However, there are other options to pick from. Because there are so few of them and so many factors to consider, you must be cautious when selecting one. As a result, we’ve put together a guide to help you figure out the most crucial features to look for when buying a metal detector for your child.
It’s no secret that price is a significant consideration when purchasing anything. Metal detectors can range in price from the cheapest to the most expensive. As a result, it is preferable to plan your budget first and then look for it. However, don’t go for the lowest option because the materials may not suit your children.
Always check to see if the metal detector you purchased is durable so that your hard-earned money isn’t wasted. When selecting a product for kids, always go for a durable product. Kids use the products in whatever way they want. So, there is a high chance of breaking, but if the product is durable, it can withstand several beatings. It’s a good idea to double-check the materials they’re constructed of.
Age plays an important factor when selecting a metal detector for your kid. For different ages, there are additional metal detectors. For kids, the metal detectors are light in weight compared to the teens. They are also constructed so that any kid can easily use them. So, always buy what is suitable for your kids according to their age.
Target indicators are one thing that should be present in a metal detector. It makes it easy for children to find the treasure. But what type of target indicator should you look for? For children, always go for a straightforward indicator. The complicated one will confuse the kids. So, get a metal detector that’s simple to use and includes a display indicator. When they detect something, they probably blink and produce a sound.
Most of the metals are buried deep down in the earth. So, a metal indicator that can also indicate depth is a fantastic option. It will be accurate enough to be helpful. So, go for a metal detector that comes with a deep depth search. It will help your kids to get treasure buried deep inside the ground.
So, Metal detectors are a fantastic way for kids to explore the big world around them. In this article, we have taken a look at 12 of the best metal detectors in the market. We hope that this article has provided you with all of the facts you require to make an informed decision. Always check out the reviews of other parents before you buy the metal detector. It will help you to choose the best one.
Also, always refer to the buyer’s guide before you go out to buy metal detectors for your kid. You’ll be able to make the best option and choose the metal detector that best matches your child’s demands if you pay attention to the characteristics and features described above.
Is it possible to use a metal detector in water?
Yes, you can use metal detectors in water. But for that, your metal detector should be waterproof. You can easily use them too. So, when buying the metal detector, check whether it is waterproof or not. If it is not, then it will not work in water and probably will get damaged too.
Is it good for kids to go for metal detecting?
Yes, it is one of the best hobbies that your children can acquire. It enhances their imagination and allows them to explore more. Metal detecting is not just for specialists; it can be a fun and inexpensive sport for the entire family, and it makes a terrific outdoor present. So you can get your kids out of the house and into nature and expose them to this enjoyable outdoor sport. It will be a good learning experience for them.
Is it worthwhile to invest in a metal detector?
Yes, it is. You can get a metal detector for your child so that they can go out of the home and get some fresh air and exercise. Along with that, your kid will also discover some exciting and potentially expensive artifacts along the way. So, overall it’s well worth it, and also it is a popular hobby among many people across the world.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- 💛 Best Gift for Kids 5-15years💛- This kids metal detector has adjustable poles from 32" to 40", suitable for kids and teens of different...
- 💛 Buzzer and LCD Clear Detection 💛 - The small metal detector has a large adjustable backlit LCD screen with detection mode, sensitivity,...
- 💛 Waterproof and Ergonomic Design 💛- The search coil is 7.5 inches, making metal detection more sensitive, and the metal detector truck can...
- 💛 Find Your Target Efficiently 💛 - The youth metal detector has 3 different modes, allowing you to quickly find the item you want. ❶“All...
- 💛 What Will You Get 💛- A metal detector kit,including 1x Metal Detector Wand+ 2x Alkaline Batteries+ 1xBackpack+ 1xChildren's Shovel+...
- DETECTS METAL 6” DEEP – The Little Experimenter metal detector for kids finds metals up to 6” beneath the dirt, grass or sand. Discover buried...
- ADJUSTABLE ANGLE – This junior metal detector easily adjusts to detect in hard to reach places, like between rocks and in deep holes. Kids will know...
- LCD DISPLAY & INCLUDED BATTERY – Less guesswork! An LCD screen shows when this kids metal detector is closer to treasure, perfect for “hot and...
- EDUCATIONAL GUIDE BOOK – Curious kids will pore through the Experiment & Guide Book that comes with this beach metal detector. They’ll learn all...
- YOUR SATISFACTION GUARANTEED -- At Little Experimenter, your satisfaction is our highest priority. That’s why this product is covered under a FULL...
- 💡💡Practical: With All METAL MODE, PINPOINT, DISC MODE, MEMORY MODE, OMMO adults metal detectors has rich in practical functions, meet with all...
- 💡💡Accuracy: If you lost a coin at the beach, OMMO metal detector can be detected a depth of up to 8 inches deep to find it back, if larger...
- 💡💡Powerful: We upgraded DSP Chip based on the real experience of consumers, which improves search range and sensitivity, is greatly conducive to...
- 💡💡Intuitive: Upgrade LCD Display helps get more information, taking more fun to your exploration, back-lit LCD convenient to display different...
- 💡💡Convenient: During the wonderful treasure hunt, if your little kids also want to have a test, ommo metal detector provides 30 inches to...
- WIDELY USE: The metal detector is perfect for finding search coins,keys,and other metallic objects.PLEASE NOTE: The measurement range is about 5cm in...
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: You can adjust the metal detector's length for comfortable use
- Easy-to-use Operation:Lightweight, ergonomic design for easy, comfortable handling.suitable for beginner.
- DIY assembling：Cultivate your's manipulative ability.(Please put all parts together before exploration)
- The handheld metal detector perfect for outdoor use to start a treasure hunting journey.And LED lights allow for nighttime searching.Power supplied by...
- 💰💰【All Metal & DISC Mode】- All kinds of metal can be detected by RM RICOMAX 1065 metal detector, including coins relics, gold, copper,...
- 💰💰【IP68 Waterproof】- RM RICOMAX 1065 equips IP68 waterproof coil probe, which could detect the target metal underground deep to 8 inch.Both...
- 💰💰【Easy to Operate】- 3 adjustable dials to operate: one for the volume of beep tone, one for the detection sensitivity and one for the metal...
- 💰💰【High Accuracy & Clear 】- The 8 inches coil allows you to quickly cover the ground. Simply wave this high quality and lightweight detector...
- 💝💝【All Ages Friendly Design】- RM RICOMAX 1065 only has 2.38 pounds weight. The padded armrest adopts the ergonomic structure to help control...
- Unique Dreamy Design - Perfect kids Gift：Metal detecting is a family-friendly activity because it nurtures intrigue and curiosity from both kids and...
- Attractive Target Indication Led - New Detecting Play：SUFFLA kids metal detector is specially designed with a creative Target-indicator function ....
- Multi Function - Perfect Scientific Study：SUFFLA Upgraded DSP chip metal detector has DISC and PINPOINT functions at the same time.DISC Mode help...
- Waterproof Coil & Stem - Enjoy Underwater Fun：SUFFLA kids metal detector has a 7.5” Search coil and adjustable stem, both the coil and stem is...
- Lightweight & Adjustable - Fits all Ages：The metal detector for kids and junior is very light and portable for traveling and outdoor activities,...
Q: What are the best beginners metal detectors?
A: If you’re a beginner, you probably don’t want something designed … After hours spent researching products and user reviews, we’ve put together a list of the five best metal detectors you can buy online. Happy hunting. Editor’s Note The …
Q: What is the best metal detector for children?
A: – The most trusted brand in the detecting industry – Superior technology that your child can grow into and use for years – Minelab is the best brand in the industry. They have the best technology and performance. – Gives them a head start on the “Minelab Path”
Q: What is the best rated metal detector?
A: Garrett AT Pro Fisher F22 Garrett AT MAX Fisher F44 Teknetics T2 Minelab CTX 3030 Fisher F75 Teknetics Gamma 6000 Minelab X-Terra 705
Q: What is the cheapest metal detector?
A: What is the cheapest metal detector? BFO metal detectors are the cheapest (under $100) and designed mainly as toy detectors for kids. Because the BFO technology is the easiest and cheapest to make, it has its limitations when compared to other types.